Note: This update has been published more than 6 months back, this update might or might not be expired, we are not responsible for your misunderstanding.
JNTU-HYDERABAD : R09 Batch - INFO ON 0.15% RULE & GRACE MARKS RULE - PROCEDURE FOR ADDITION OF GRACE MARKS - PROCEDURE FOR CLASS CHANGE
JNTUH – Academic Regulations – Certain concession for passing – Regarding. Read: Note file Orders of the Vice–Chancellor
ORDER: Presently, 0.15% grace marks are being allowed for change of class from first class to distinction (69.85 % to 70%), Second class to first class (59.85% to 60%) and pass class to second class (49.85% to 50%). With this, a total of 0.15% marks maximum are added to final year project/seminar to enable the student to get higher class for B.Tech/B.Pharm. courses. Many representations are received from the students that a grace marks may be added for passing if a candidate failed in one/two subjects with shortage of 1, 2 or 3 marks. Under the circumstances stated above, Vice-Chancellor is pleased to extend 0.15% grace marks facility to the candidates of any degree if he/she passes the subject(s) and obtains the degree, subject to approval of academic senate and execute council/MDC.These orders shall come into force from all examinations held during May/June 2010. All candidates seeking benefit from the 0.15% grace marks shall apply through proper channel enclosing failed original marks memo. The principal shall verify at the college whether the candidate is passing if 0.15% grace marks facility is extended i.e. 0.15% of grand total marks of the UG/PG courses with fail in maximum two subjects. A separate approval shall be obtained for the eligible candidates for implementation of the above relaxation as and when the applications are received. Note :
- Grace Marks will be added only for external exams (i.e., if u fail in external exams by 1 or 2 or 3 marks then JNTUH will add them & u can be passed in that subject).
- You can apply for grace marks & 0.15% rule only after u receive the failed memo's
Procedure For Addition of Grace Marks
1) Request letter of the student through the Principal. 2) Original Marks Memo(s) containing the subject(s) for which addition of Grace Marks, is applicable. 3) Undertaking for issue of Provisional Certificate & Consolidated Marks Memo. when students get 192, 193, 194 Credits after adding grace marks.
Procedure For Class Change
1) Requisition from the Student through the Principal. In the case of the Students who completed their course, can submit directly their requisitions to the Controller of Examinations. 2) Originals of
(i) Provisional Certificate, (ii) Consolidated Marks Memo & (iii) Final Semester marks memo.
- Change from > 49.85 % to 50 % for Pass Class to Second Class
- Change from > 59.85 % to 60 % for Second Class to First Class
- Change from > 69.85 % to 70 % for First Class to First Class with distinction