Go BackLogin and Follow EngineersHub to receive SMS Notifications Share on Whatsapp
5 years ago
GATE 2014 Counselling - After getting good score in GATE Exam 2014, now it's time for GATE 2014 Counselling, GATE Counselling 2014 Dates, Procedure and guideline for GATE Admission 2014.
GATE 2014 exam was conducted in the February month and the GATE 2014 Result was declared on March 27 at 10 PM. GATE 2014 counselling has already been started by many of the engineering colleges in India.
Candidates, who have successfully qualified in the GATE exam and are now seeking admission in the post-graduation programs in one of the IITs or NITs, can start applying for the GATE 2014 counselling. GATE Counselling will be held by all the institutions offering admissions to the M.Tech courses across India. GATE score card is valid for two years. Here, we discuss the detailed GATE 2014 counselling procedure.
GATE 2014 Counselling Procedure
GATE counselling will be conducted individually by each participating organization. The procedure may differ a little depending on the eligibility criteria defined by the particular organization. The basic GATE 2014 counselling procedure includes the following steps.
1. Candidates need to make a list of the institutions that accept admissions through GATE score.
2. All the institutes including the IITs and IIITs advertise in the Newspapers and leading education portals for the admission of candidates in various post-graduation courses.
3. Candidates will have to apply individually to the institute for a particular program as per the procedure given in the advertisement. (The detailed application procedure will be available on the institute’s website/advertisement)
4. Based on the GATE score and other criteria, candidates will be called upon for the interview/test round by the particular institute.
5. NITs allow admission only through CCMT counselling, which will be held later this year. Candidates seeking admission in one of the NITs must wait for the CCMT 2014.
6. GATE qualified candidates are also allowed to appear in the counselling procedure organized after many other PG entrance exams like the AP PGECET 2014, TANCET 2014, Karnataka PGCET 2014 etc.
Important Points about GATE 2014 Counselling
1. The students are advised to select the first preference carefully, appropriate to their
GATE score level as the students are called for interview based on their Ist preference
2. Those who have got relatively low scores in the GATE are strongly advised to apply for
more number of colleges (not less than 10) so that they can get admission in at least one
college in the desired specialization.
3. The students shall be in-touch with the daily English newspapers (The Hindu, the India
Express, The Times of India etc.) and Employment News for the M.Tech notifications by
4. The students are also advised to visit the websites of the premier colleges for all the
latest details on M.Tech admissions.
5. All the above guidelines are only suggestive/advisory. The candidates are requested to
go through the information brochure of each college and take decision appropriately.
Depending upon their interest.
6. The students may also contact their seniors/friends studying in various colleges for
their suggestions and latest information about the colleges.
· Each PG institute has its own admission criteria and only eligible candidates will be called for the Counselling.
· GATE score card can be used only for two years from its issue date.
· Candidates must regularly check the websites of the individual colleges/universities for the admission notice, dates and criteria.
· Candidates are advised to apply in more number of colleges so that they can get admission in their desired specialization in at least two or more colleges. This way, they will have options to choose from.