JNTU-HYDERABAD B.Tech R18 Academic Regulation Promotional Rules for Regular Students with effect from 2018-19
JNTUH B.Tech R18 Academic Regulations and Promotion Rules with effect from 2018-19
- JNTUH B.Tech R18 Promotion Rules –Required Credits for Promotion in Next Year – Below we have provided the details related to the promotion of JNTUH R18 regulation students.
-JNTU Hyderabad offers a 4-year (8 semesters) Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree programme at its non-autonomous constituent and affiliated colleges with effect from the academic year 2018-19.
-A Student who is studying undergraduate programme has a minimum of 4 years ( 8 Semesters ) and a maximum of 8 years ( 16 semesters ).Each Semester has 24 credits summing to a total of 192 credits ( CGPA ≥ 5 ) to complete his graduation and a degree.
JNTU Hyderabad Attendance Requirements to appear for Examinations:
- A student shall be eligible to appear for the semester end examinations if the student acquires a minimum of 75% of attendance in aggregate of all the subjects/ courses for that semester. Two periods of attendance for each theory subject shall be considered if the student appears for the mid-term examination of that subject.
- Shortage of attendance in aggregate up to 10% (65% and above, and below 75%) in each semester may be condoned by the college academic committee on genuine and valid grounds, based on the student’s representation with supporting evidence.
- Shortage of attendance below 65% in aggregate shall in no case be condoned.
JNTUH B.Tech R18 Regulation Promotion Rules for Regular Students:
- A student to get promoted from 1st year to 2nd year needs a minimum 18 Credits out of 37 total credits i.e., 50% credits up to first year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
- Similarly, a student to get promoted from 2nd year to 3rd year needs atleast 47 Credits out of 79 total credits i.e., 60% credits up to second year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not. Upon failing to secure those credits student shall be detained as per JNTU Hyderabad R18 Academic Regulations.
- A student to get promoted from 3rd year to 4th year needs a minimum of 73 Credits out of 123 total credits i.e., 60% credits up to third-year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not. Upon failing to secure those credits student shall be detained as per JNTU Hyderabad R18 Academic Rules.
JNTU Hyderabad B.Tech R18 Evaluation Rules:
(i) A student shall register for all courses/subjects covering 160 credits as specified and listed in the course structure.
(ii) A student should fulfill all the attendance and academic requirements for 160 credits.
(iii) A student should secure all 160 credits by securing SGPA ≥ 5.0( in each semester), and CGPA ≥ 5.0 (at the end of each successive semester).
(iv) Pass all the mandatory courses, to successfully complete the undergraduate programme. The performance of the student in these 160 credits shall be taken into account for the calculation of ‘the final CGPA (at the end of undergraduate programme), and shall be indicated in the grade card of IV year II semester.
Grading procedure for JNTUH R18 Regulation Students:
- Grades will be awarded to indicate the performance of students in each theory subject, laboratory /practical’s, seminar, Industry Oriented Mini Project, and project Stage - I & II.
- As a measure of the performance of a student, a 10-point absolute grading system using the following letter grades (as per UGC/AICTE guidelines) and the corresponding percentage of marks shall be followed:
- You can download the official JNTUH B.Tech R18 Academic Regulations here